Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swiet3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:40:25 AM(UTC)
swiet3

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore washer/dryer stack unit. I ran a shirt through the rinse cycle and then about a half hour later smelt a burning smell. Tracked it down to the washer and I think it may be the switch. I turned the electric power (at box) off to the unit and called Sears. They were supposed to come today but called to reschedule for another week out. This is a bit too long to wait. Is this something I can do myself? How? and How can I be sure it is the switch? Thank you for your help!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:45:10 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you will tell us the model number and which switch you are talking about we may be able to help. We also need to know what the machine is doing or not doing. A good detailed description of your problem will help us come up with an answer, if we can.
swiet3  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 4:01:22 AM(UTC)
swiet3

Thank you so much for your reply. I was able to get someone out yesterday to fix the machine. It is a Kenmore washer/dryer stack unit Model# 417.93802200. It was the belt (on the washer) that needed replacing. The burning smell (according to the tech) was because the belt was slipping on the motor and the motor was spinning. I thought I would post this update in case any of you were experiencing a similar problem and it might help you to diagnose the problem. Again, thank you for your reply in trying to assist me. It is greatly appreciated.
swiet3  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 4:07:04 AM(UTC)
swiet3

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If you will tell us the model number and which switch you are talking about we may be able to help. We also need to know what the machine is doing or not doing. A good detailed description of your problem will help us come up with an answer, if we can.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was able to get someone out yesterday to fix the machine. It is a Kenmore washer/dryer stack unit Model# 417.93802200. It was the belt (on the washer) that needed replacing. The burning smell (according to the tech) was because the belt was slipping on the motor and the motor was spinning. I thought I would post this update in case any of you were experiencing a similar problem and it might help you to diagnose the problem. Again, thank you for your reply in trying to assist me. It is greatly appreciated.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...smell.html#ixzz1MtT6ifGh
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 4:39:12 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well thanks, yes posting the solution to a problem is very helpful to us trying to diagnose a problem from afar and to those who read this Forum lookin for help with their own problems.

Good luck going forward.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply