Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dinkydau  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:38:48 AM(UTC)
Dinkydau

Groups: Registered

Hot water runs into tub any time it is turned on. This is not a new problem and since I seldom was with hot water I merely keep the hot water turned off.
Recently the water will not stop unless I turn it off at the hydrant. Does not matter if water level is set on small, medium, large, or super. I unplugged the connector and cleaned the contacts, no results. The clear tube from the tub appears clear.
Any and all help appreciated. I do not want to buy the water level switch unless I have eliminated other possible causes.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:07:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Since the water shuts off when the power shuts off, replacing the water level switch is the logical decision says Mr. Spock.

If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return so there is no risk. See the returns policy for details and conditions.
Dinkydau  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:14:45 PM(UTC)
Dinkydau

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Since the water shuts off when the power shuts off, replacing the water level switch is the logical decision says Mr. Spock.

If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return so there is no risk. See the returns policy for details and conditions.

Apparently I did not describe the situation very well. The water shuts off when I shut off the water from the faucet.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:25:31 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the water is running in even with the machine off then the problem is the water valve assembly sticking open. Replacing it should fix your problem.
Dinkydau  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:07:41 AM(UTC)
Dinkydau

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If the water is running in even with the machine off then the problem is the water valve assembly sticking open. Replacing it should fix your problem.

Thanks for the info. I finally got back to washing a load with this washer and paid a bit more attention to what is going on. Apparently I have two separate issues with this thing.
1. If the hot water hydrant is open, hot water will "trickle" into the tub. Does not run in like it should, but does run. Is there any way to flush this water valve as it could have trash or some blockage in the valve, even though it does have filtering screens in the filler hose?
2. When cold water is turned on and the machine on/off/timer switch is off, things are great. However, once set on wash time and cycle (delicate, permanent press, or normal) and the switch is pulled to the on position, the water keeps running. I understand this is most likely the water level switch, but could there be a blockage in the clear hose that runs from the tub to the water level switch? If so, how would I determine whether there is a blockage?
Thanks for the help.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:45:16 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, good I think we now understand your problems.

There is no real way to flush the valve assembly, check to make sure your hot water is running strong by turning it on and sticking the hose in the tub. If it is strong, the problem is with the valve. If the screens are not clogged, then the valve assembly probably need replacing.

On the other other, take off the tube and blow through it to clear it out. Also, clean off the tub end and blow through it. You should hear the water level switch click when it is set to cold water wash. If not, replace the switch. which I think it is your problem if the water level switch works fine on hot water wash. (once the tub is filled of course).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply