Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nannarb  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:29:01 PM(UTC)
nannarb

Groups: Registered

In order to replace the bottom tub grate/filter, does the spray arm assembly need to be removed?:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:48:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes, you do have to remove the spray arm, but why do you need to replace this part?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSD5620D01BB Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
nannarb  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:27:29 AM(UTC)
nannarb

The outer edge of the grate has a plastic/rubber perimeter (similar to a gasket material). The edges along the left and right side are significantly compromised. Before anything gets past this, I thought it would be prudent to replace it.

Your response indicates that the sprayer arm needs to be removed. Is the only means to remove this spray arm from beneath the tub?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:51:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

This spray arm is threaded into a part under the tub/liner of the dishwasher. A rubber coupler on top of the motor and pump assembly is what this spray arm assembly screws/threads into. To remove this spray arm, simply push a flat screwdriver through the hole in the bottom of the spray arm and twist it off.

- The filter assembly Part number: AP3873827
Part number: AP3873827

Gene.
Johan Stayple  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:45:32 PM(UTC)
Johan Stayple

This thread seems most appropriate for me too.
My dishes come out covered in random pieces of debris.
I have checked the heat of the water - thats hot enough.
I have checked the speed by which the water empties at the end of the cycle. Thats ok too - ie drains are clear.
I have tested the rotation of each of the 3 spray arms one at a time..the top and bottom ones rotate when the cycle is in motion as expected. The middle spray arm is slow, and I believe needs replacing since I have read those who try to clean them out say its a waste of time.(the holes are reasonably caked up)...so I think replacing would be worthwhile.
UserPostedImage
I think my problem is that labels (from jars that have been washed in the dishwasher) have come off, broken down, and got trapped beneath and around the grate. Here are some pictures. I want to know how to remove the grate to clean it and clean all around the drainage areas. Looking at the info above Gene mentions about removing the bottom spray arm. I have got to the point of removing the bottom spray device by simply unscrewing it.

The photo shows the debris around the grate, and how far I can get to removing the mechanism holding the grill in place...how do I remove the rest of the spray arm fixing, get to the grate to clean beneath it, or should i replace the grate as well (and if yes, how do I get it off, as I dont understand Genes instructions above?

My dishwasher=GE Triton XL Model GSD6200 J01WW
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:23:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

I believe that the lower spray wash arm in your dishwasher can be removed by gently lifting and rotating it CCW. The nut hub can be removed by rotating it CCW as well.

Use care to avoid breaking the clip on the hub when removing the main conduit from hub.

When installing the fine filter, make sure the drain port of the filter is engaged with the drain for the fine filter.

- The middle spray arm Part number: AP3777929
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply