Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blitzen2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:26:44 PM(UTC)
blitzen2

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
Freezer works great and frige was warm so after reading all the posts here i removed the rear panel and found a block of ice so i defrosted it and everything is back to normal but i know it wont last. The heating element is a double that runs along the bottom and looks similar to the same element is a stove. Question is how can i test the element or fire it off to see if it gets hot? And how can i test the bi metal thermostat? Damper fan works fine and damper is open.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:25:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can check the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat from the main control board on the back of the refrigerator.

The instructions are in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...igerator-too-warm-3.html in the reply addressed to bohemian. The neutral wire in your refrigerator is blue instead of orange.

The defrost heater and the defrost thermostat are shown as #826 & #620 on the diagram.

- The main control board Part number: AP4436216
dbarry  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 1:03:56 PM(UTC)
dbarry

Groups: Registered

Hello Gene,
I've never repaired a refridge before, but I've worked on lots of other stuff so I'll give it a shot, anyway I had the same problem, cold freezer, warm fridge. Defrost evaporator and 4 days later block of ice again. Local repair guy told be I've already diagnosed the problem and in 10 years he never had to replace a heater. So I ordered the main board and thermodisc from your site, (My repair guy said you had a great price!) Took about 1/2 hour to install, but confused but I still followed directions. Cutting wires for thermistor and another for capacitor? So hopefully that took care of it. Operating good for now, will update this in a week.

Thanks, these posts where very helpful.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply