Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Victor Scott  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 9:46:52 AM(UTC)
Victor Scott

Groups: Registered

:confused: Hi,

My Maytag (13 years) overflows when the water level is set above small. With the water level set above small, sometimes water flows over the basket and down the sides. When the level is set at Large of Super, the water will not stop flowing. If I press down on the agitator, the water stops.

I'm wondering if this is related to a defective water switch...

I've called a repair person (I'm in Brazil) and he thinks it's the water switch.

I read about a similar problem in this forum about a GE washer. The advice given was to verify the hose running from the water switch to basket bottom-- it might be clogged or with leaky...

Thanks for any help you might provide me with!

Victor
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 2:28:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Victor,

The advice:
Quote:
...to verify the hose running from the water switch to basket bottom-- it might be clogged or with leaky...
sounds correct in your situation.

You have to open the control panel and remove the front panel to inspect the air hose (#2 on the diagram). Make sure there is no water in the washer. Disconnect the hose from the water level switch (#13 on the diagram) and blow some air through it to make sure it goes through free.

Reconnect the air hose and run the washer. If the problem exists, replace the water level switch. Unfortunately Appliance Parts Pros does not ship parts outside US but may be you have someone in US who can order it for you and reship it to you.

- The water level switch Part number: AP4028437
Part number: AP4028437

Gene.
Victor Scott  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:59:23 AM(UTC)
Victor Scott

Groups: Registered

Gene,

I blew into the water switch hose and it was clear all the way to the tub. Turned on the washer (after assembling everything..) and it stopped filling at super setting, but just barely overflowed. My guess is that the switch is defective and I ordred a new one. Thank you for your advice! Victor
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 1:02:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Victor.

Make sure there is no water in the washer prior to replace the switch. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply