Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baker867  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2008 12:04:27 PM(UTC)
baker867

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune front loading washer (model # MAH3000AWW)that is very loud during the spin cycle. It sounds like a jet taking off. I am trying to find out what part I need to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

LoginFreak  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2008 7:05:57 PM(UTC)
LoginFreak

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: baker867 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Maytag Neptune front loading washer (model # MAH3000AWW)that is very loud during the spin cycle. It sounds like a jet taking off. I am trying to find out what part I need to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated!!

It sounds like the rear bearing is the problem..
This is the part number for a kit for the rear bearing and seals.

But you will have to have some mechanical knowledge in order to fix it.
The whole washer has to come apart and you have to be able to pull the bearing out and push the new one in.

Hope this helps.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 1:37:34 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Go to my article in the Forum announcements section (Replacing Neptune bearings).
The motor will overheat from the increased load and the motor control board will soon fail unless this is fixed.
twalkman23  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 5:03:34 AM(UTC)
twalkman23

Originally Posted by: LoginFreak Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like the rear bearing is the problem..
This is the part number for a kit for the rear bearing and seals.

But you will have to have some mechanical knowledge in order to fix it.
The whole washer has to come apart and you have to be able to pull the bearing out and push the new one in.

Hope this helps.

Sears repairman was just here for the jet sound issue, ($138.00 for showing up), spent 10 minutes here, and said I needed new outer tub and bearings, for a total of $967.00! He never opened anything up, just listened to it. I said no thanks, and never even got kissed! twalkman
:mad: :D :eek:
rizzle  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:46:05 PM(UTC)
rizzle

Hi all. Was troubleshooting a problem with my washer and found this site. I have the Maytag Neptune MAH6500AWW. My problem sounds the same... My washer seems to work fine, but last week it started getting really loud during the spin cycle. The problem came all at once... it was quiet one wash and loud as heck the next. The washer works just fine, but I'm afraid that won't last. I'm assuming the problem with this model would also be the bearing? If so, I'm guessing it is a different part #? Any other parts I should consider ordering if I decide to tackle this (anything that is likely to also need replacing in association to this problem)? Thanks in advance for any help!
Alfredarolson  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:21:59 AM(UTC)
Alfredarolson

Originally Posted by: rizzle Go to Quoted Post
Hi all. Was troubleshooting a problem with my washer and found this site. I have the Maytag Neptune MAH6500AWW. My problem sounds the same... My washer seems to work fine, but last week it started getting really loud during the spin cycle. The problem came all at once... it was quiet one wash and loud as heck the next. The washer works just fine, but I'm afraid that won't last. I'm assuming the problem with this model would also be the bearing? If so, I'm guessing it is a different part #? Any other parts I should consider ordering if I decide to tackle this (anything that is likely to also need replacing in association to this problem)? Thanks in advance for any help!

I have the same issue and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Alfred
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply