Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corndogg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2008 6:27:36 PM(UTC)
corndogg

Groups: Registered

My girlfriend's GE washer will no longer spin or agitate. Also pump seem to continue running after all the water has pumped out, maybe normal. She says this happened after washing a large beach towel with alot of sand. I bypassed/jumped lid swith and still nothing. Everything underneath looks normal, nothing broken, everything moves freely. Now what? Washer is just over 1 year old with a few problems already. Came with townhouse, is this a cheap model? We are thinking of upgrading to frontloader. Which unit is best?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:55:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the front panel and locate the green LED on the right side on top of the motor on the inverter plate. Monitor and calculate number of flashes during a 6 seconds period. Post the result.

This is one of the last GE models and it should be good as long as you use it properly. You'll have more troubles with most of flrontloaders.

Gene.
corndogg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:06:08 PM(UTC)
corndogg

Hi Gene,

I was hoping you would help. You are like a superhero on the forum! I cannot locate any led on the motor. I removed the entire motor and looked. (careful, sharp edges on stamped inverter plate) I take it the inverter plate sits over the circuit board which sits on top of the motor right? I could not remove inverter plate, don't have torx here tonight. I tried to peek under the inverter plate for lights but saw no led blinking or not. Is it on the curcit board under the inverter plate?

Thanks in advance.

Corndogg
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:30:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Do not attempt to remove the inverter. It is not removable! The LED should be on the circuit board (more to the right). It's hard to see it and you probably have to use a mirror.

If the LED is not lit then check the harness fuse which is wired in the neutral side of the line. The fuse is wrapped in the motor harness located along the right side of the cabinet. The fused wire is connected to the C2-3 pin on the inverter. If the fuse is open , the motor would not work.

- The part number for the fuse link is AP3995512

Gene.
corndogg  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 7:33:01 AM(UTC)
corndogg

Hi Gene,

I wonder if you are confused about which machine we have here. I have never seen any led and I cannot locate a fuse or fusable link. I didn't look too hard as my girlfriend had scheduled an appointment for the repair man. He came out and was upset that we had messed with the washer and threatened not to work on it at all. I wasn't there but he came to the conclusion that the motor needed to be replaced which surprised me. Sounds like the motor cost was around 400 and the washer was only 500 new so we obviously considerinig condemning the machine. Just wanted to get your opinion one last time and finish the story for everybody else. Are ther any cheaper parts available.

Thanks Gene
Gene  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 4:43:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

All my recommendations are based on the model number you posted.

If your repair man diagnosed the problem with the motor (I do not see a prove for it so far) then you can buy it for $158.84 and replace it yourself.

Gene.
corndogg  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2008 6:30:44 AM(UTC)
corndogg

Alright, so I found a scematic up behind the control panel which shows where the LED is supposed to be and the status of the different flashes. I still cannot actually see the LED but I have never seen any flash come from under the drip plate. So I wonder if the motor has power. Maybe the fuse or a control issue. I don't want to take the repairman's word for it as he was a dink to my girlfriend and I suspect he was just trying to get out of work early before the fourth. I can't locate any fuse or fusable link. Any more thoughts?
richappy  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 7:51:24 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the motor makes no noise or produces no smoke, I would either suspect a fuse problem or a blown thermal cutout in the motor. I would do an ohms check of the motor per the schematic, then check the wires for a blown fuseable link.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 11:30:47 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
...The fuse is wrapped in the motor harness located along the right side of the cabinet. The fused wire is connected to the C2-3 pin on the inverter. If the fuse is open , the motor would not work.

- The part number for the fuse link is AP3995512

Gene.

Do this test first.

Gene.
D_A_4  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:49:11 AM(UTC)
D_A_4

OK I JUST HAD THIS PROBLEM. GE HAD ME REPLACE THE MOTOR WITH THE BOARD, THE TIMER, AND THE TRANSMISSION SAYING THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS ALSO ELECTRONIC. I WAS NOT VERY PLEASED BC I ASSUMED THEY WERE GUESSING. IN THE END IT ENDED UP BEING THE FUSE GENE IS TALKING ABOUT ALONG THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CABINET IN THE MOTOR HARNESS.I BELIEVE IT THE WHITE/RED WIRE. IT IS WRAPPED IN ELECTRICAL TAPE WITH SHRINK WRAP TOO, NOT YOUR ORDINARY FUSE. AT FIRST GE TOLD ME THE FUSE WAS IN THE BOARD. TISK TISK, NO HELP THERE. GENE DO YOU KNO HOW TO RECEIVE TRAINING FROM GE.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply