Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lihba  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:55:42 AM(UTC)
lihba

Groups: Registered

On Monday I turned the oven on 375 degrees, five minutes later it was burning hot and locked, with the error code E3-F3 which was a sensor error. Since I could not get the oven to turn off, I flipped the breaker to discontinue power to the oven. I flipped it back on about 20 minutes later to see if that would do anything. At that point, the readout said "cool" and "locked" like it does at the end of a self-cleaning session. About five minutes later it once again had the E3-F3 error code and was locked and the oven coils on the top were bright red and the appliance was very hot to the touch. I flipped the breaker switch again to turn it off. It's been off now for over a day. I just flipped the breaker to return the electricity and it finally unlocked the door and said that the self cleaning was done. I am nervous to try baking something for fear that it will happen again, but I guess that is the only way to see if there is still a problem. I doubt that ovens heal themselves though!

From your website, I have concluded that I need a new oven temperature sensor - RTD. I found the part, but how do I actually find where to replace it on my oven? I have looked through my use and care guide that came with it, but of course it doesn't show any technical info. My husband replaced the oven door locking motor in May of 2004, so I think that he can handle this if I can just figure out where it goes. Can you give me a website where I can find out that info or any other help? Thanks. I'm just trying to save a little money, but I guess who isn't these days.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.