Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sds5150  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 5:46:00 AM(UTC)
sds5150

Groups: Registered

I have an issue with my clothes washer. I first noticed it when the spin cycle wasn't working and my clothes were soaked. After watching the entire cycle, I found that the agitator wasn't moving. I changed the belt and I know that the lid switch is working because the motor actually stops when I open the lid. I have not had trouble with the spin cycle since. At one time when the agitator quit I was able to give it a twist and then it worked fine for a few days. Last night the spin cycle worked, but the agitator wouldn't cycle now matter what I do, it seems whatever the issue is has finally died completely. It turns one direction with some resistance, and the opposite seems free. I have heard that their is a coupling that may have issues? Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 8:19:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the front panel, remove the belt and move the transmission pulley manually in both directions. Turning the pulley CW should oscillate the agitator and turning CCW will release the break for spinning action. Post the results.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag washer Model MAV6200AWW

Gene.
sds5150  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 1:55:00 AM(UTC)
sds5150

Sorry for the delay I've had ISP issues. I have completed the tasks suggested and found that one direction it will spin and the other nothing will happen. The motor has always ran and spin the pulley shaft correctly. (Although I did throw on a new belt since I had one.) I'm far from an expert, but I am beginning to suspect the transmission. I have looked in my Maytag manual and the trans assembly has a 10 yr (parts only) warranty. Any input? Thanks
sds5150  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2008 2:34:12 AM(UTC)
sds5150

Well, I went with my instincts and called the local authorized Maytag rapairman. It was my transmission giving me the issues, and I got away with paying labor being the parts were warranty covered. I'm happy and I learned a little on the way. Hope maybe this post can help someone else. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply