Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
K-Dub  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 9:43:23 AM(UTC)
K-Dub

Groups: Registered

After finding the part through the parts diagram sheets, I'd like to know how difficult replacing the water dispensing tube will be. It appears as part number AP3179954. The tube has broken just behind the metal bracket holding the tube in the door dispenser and can be viewed by looking up towards where the water shoots out. It appears as a small piece of tubing, but the part display shows a much longer piece of tubing with the metal bracket (mentioned above) at one end and another plastic fitting at the other. I have been unable to see any diagrams of where this tube runs and how to go about replacing it. Any help or ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

K-Dub  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:37:24 PM(UTC)
K-Dub

Hey,everyone, thanks for all the replies.
Finally couldn't stand listening to the complaints of no filtered water that we called out the repairman for $100.
missinglina  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:08:25 PM(UTC)
missinglina

Hi. I have the exact same question. Did you see the repairman put the tube in? Any information you can share about what he did? Thanks!
K-Dub  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:49:12 PM(UTC)
K-Dub

The first thing was to get the cover off the door; done by pushing upward and it snaps off! Then unplug the control panel to give yourself hand room.
Now you can unscrew the metal clip, & remove the tube from it.

Open doors & remove grill panel below doors. The water tube, located coming out of the door below the hinge area, can be unplugged and pulled down through the door.

Take new tubing & slice your lower end on an angle to help while you push it down thru door from dispenser area. (Repairman used a stiff wire at bottom to align tube thru hole at bottom of door.) Cut tube's angled end off square & plug back in where old supply line came out to door(leave enough slack, too!).

Now you can reattach metal clip, screw it back into dispenser shell, reconnect electric control panel, reattach & set cover back in place.

THEN, cut your tube's top end to desired length.

Good luck.
glwood6  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:12:45 PM(UTC)
glwood6

K-Dub,

Thanks for the instructions. I'm sorry that no one paid any attention to your question, and you had to fork over $100 to get yours fixed, but I really appreciate the directions. I have to replace the same water line.
missinglina  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:59:49 PM(UTC)
missinglina

Originally Posted by: K-Dub Go to Quoted Post
The first thing was to get the cover off the door; done by pushing upward and it snaps off! Then unplug the control panel to give yourself hand room.
Now you can unscrew the metal clip, & remove the tube from it.

Open doors & remove grill panel below doors. The water tube, located coming out of the door below the hinge area, can be unplugged and pulled down through the door.

Take new tubing & slice your lower end on an angle to help while you push it down thru door from dispenser area. (Repairman used a stiff wire at bottom to align tube thru hole at bottom of door.) Cut tube's angled end off square & plug back in where old supply line came out to door(leave enough slack, too!).

Now you can reattach metal clip, screw it back into dispenser shell, reconnect electric control panel, reattach & set cover back in place.

THEN, cut your tube's top end to desired length.

Good luck.

In other words, one doesn't actually need to buy parts for this fix!
I know it's been a long time. I have seen your very generous response and will be implementing it very soon. Happy Xmas or Hols.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply