Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danter  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:11:40 AM(UTC)
danter

Groups: Registered

Several years ago we moved several states away from where we had grown up, leaving behind our mentor in all things mechanical...my father. About 6 mo later our dishwasher started smoking and gradually worked less well, for the first time since we had bought it. We looked to the yellow pages for a repairman since my dad couldn't look and tell us what the problem was.

The repairman cut out a bunch of red, black and white wires with three plastic port connectors and
2 metal prong connectors, telling us we really didn't need them. One black and one white wire were left hanging, and still are until we figure out what kind of connector they need. :confused: We have since recognized he used wire from this bunch to replace wiring that had burned and melted from liquids coming into contact with the wiring at the base of the door. :eek: Is there really any chance he was right? The total lack of response to my question is causing me to think my dishwasher should be working fine and no one can understand why I am asking the question. ANY feedback at all would be better than talking to a wall of silence. Is there anyplace on the web that shows pictures of all the wire connections? We are using the resistance meter today to check and see if we can identify what isn't getting power...wait a minute, everything will still show up as working since the real problem is that something is missing power...If we were only familiar with this dishwasher like we are with the dryer, washer and car. We're pros at fixing them...good we can, bad we've had to.

Anyway, the dishwasher repairman put a new gasket around the door, & new motor underneath.

In the years since, we have rarely used the dishwasher because the water wasn't shooting through very well leaving dishes dirty, the soap dispenser wasn't opening up and the JetDry went through the hole to run down the inside of the door. We quit using JetDry for a load, then stopped using the dishwasher altogether.Yesterday we saw from tv commercials there is a JetDry basket that hangs from inside the dishwasher so we don't have to give up that feature! Anyway, we have used vinegar to clean out all the parts water goes through, lots of limescale was clogging up the sprayers, filter, and hoses.

We can't afford another repair person much less a new dishwasher, so it's fix it ourselves or go without. Disposable dishes are looking really good at this point. I have had 3 surgeries since last Dec for cancer, don't have the energy to stand and do dishes so would REALLY appreciate help figuring out what was done that needs to be fixed!

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give us. :) Lots of you are reading this...we know some of you recognize the description. We really, really need to know what power was cut out from so we can plug it back in and make the dishwasher work! I replaced the wires that he cut out and just need to know where to plug this stuff into. It seems like it would be the secondary source for the soap dispenser since it doesn't get full power, just the diluted power. We would rather not open all the motors and electrical box areas just to see if there is a place to plug this into if someone is willing to suggest a likely place to start looking. All obvious connections visible on the outside are taken. Give us ideas we can at least check out! Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.