Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rforwal  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 1:25:07 PM(UTC)
rforwal

Groups: Registered

about a year ago the numbers 1 thru 6 on the keypad (they also serve as express cook #'s) on my microwave stopped working. since then we have to use the "add 30 seconds" button pressed several times to heat most everything. everything else on the pad works. owners manual tells nothing for this problem. is there something i can fix or reset or do i need a new keypad and if so, how do i replace,i don't see any screws.thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:17:46 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

To get to the control panel, there are 2 screws at the top of the vent cover above the door, take those off and remove the vent cover. next you will see 1 screw for the control panel remove it. Push upward on the control panel as it sits in slots. and drop the front down twards you there you have access to the control board. Pull the ribbon cable out of the board and clean the ends with a paper towel. put the ribbo cable back in and see if it works. Please unplug the microwave before disassembly. Keep me posted
rforwal  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 7:26:42 AM(UTC)
rforwal

Groups: Registered

thanks for the info. while trying to remove the ribbon cable plug a piece that seemed to be a lock lifted up but i still couldnt remove plug. i didnt want to pull too hard being afraid to break the pins or circuit board.i also tried wiggling but no good. even though after puting back control panel and plugging in (it works now) i would still like to know how to remove for future repair
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 7:34:45 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

on some of the boards, that piece you say came off is what locks the ribbon in place, some lift up to unlock, and some you have to push away from the ribbon to unlock
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply