Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tjgaz  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 1:13:41 PM(UTC)
tjgaz

Groups: Registered

A few days ago I found the freezer compartment coated with ice. Icemaker not working. Replaced ice maker and now no water to ice maker. There is water to the cold water fill through the door. If I put water into the ice maker tray I will get cubes made and dumped into the door storage bin, but still no refill of ice maker.
Is it the water valve/solenoid or the PC board behind the ON/OFF control or what?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Qtip  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 7:21:14 PM(UTC)
Qtip

Groups: Registered

if the ice that coated the freezer looked like it may have come from the icemaker fill tube then its probably the water valve that needs replaced but this would just be a semi-educated guess - is the fill tube to the icemaker frozen inside with ice? if so thats a good indication your water valve is bad. now if it was the back wall of the freezer that was coated with ice you could possibly have a defrost problem which would restrict airflow in the freezer and fridge which could cause the icemaker to stop working because the freezer temp would be a little warmer due to the restricted airflow..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply