Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raredude  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 10:43:14 AM(UTC)
Raredude

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have insufficient water filling the tub, so the pump is cavitating. The water level isn't anywhere near the float or the heating element. When I add 2 - 2.5 qts of water, the dishwasher is quiet as usual.

As Denman had suggested, I removed the fill valve and there was a very small amount of debris in the screen. I cleaned the valve, hooked everything back up, and ran a cycle, but the tub still isn't filling enough.

What else should I check before replacing the fill valve?

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to check the sump and chopper, but I can't get the cover inlet off. When I squeeze the right side, it comes loose, but the left side (under the fill tube for the upper arm) still feels engaged on the sump. What is the method for removing the cover inlet?

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 2:01:58 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

If you have already cleaned the screen in the water valve and are sure you have good water pressure to the dishwasher then it's time to replace the water valve.
whittle1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:11:35 AM(UTC)
whittle1

Groups: Registered

time how long the fill timer seloniod actuates. Normally 2:50 sec. If it runs for 1:40 sec the unit needs to be reset to factory default by depressing heat dry// normal// heat dry// normal
Originally Posted by: Raredude Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I have insufficient water filling the tub, so the pump is cavitating. The water level isn't anywhere near the float or the heating element. When I add 2 - 2.5 qts of water, the dishwasher is quiet as usual.

As Denman had suggested, I removed the fill valve and there was a very small amount of debris in the screen. I cleaned the valve, hooked everything back up, and ran a cycle, but the tub still isn't filling enough.

What else should I check before replacing the fill valve?

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to check the sump and chopper, but I can't get the cover inlet off. When I squeeze the right side, it comes loose, but the left side (under the fill tube for the upper arm) still feels engaged on the sump. What is the method for removing the cover inlet?

Thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply