Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
k5sparks2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:05:43 PM(UTC)
k5sparks2

Groups: Registered

I live in an apartment complex, and we have a Hotpoint HDA467K-01WH dishwasher. A few days ago, everything apparently went haywire and now it won't run or drain. We've got about 2 inches of standing cold water in the bottom of it that won't drain, and the unit won't run.

I could just as easily call maintenance to get it fixed, but if it's something simple that can just be done, it might make life a little bit easier. I'll try to answer any questions I can regarding the unit and specifics and hopefully someone can give me an answer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:20:03 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Pull off the toe panel to give access to the power wires. Carefully remove the cover to the wiring connections. It's usually held on by one screw. A disconnected wire will usually be easy to spot. [COLOR="Red"]Don't touch any of the wires, until you have turned it off at the breaker.[/COLOR] If you have a meter and know how to use it, you can also check to make sure there's 120VAC going to the machine. If the wire connections are sound, and you have the correct voltage present at the connection, the problem lies elsewhere. Post your results.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply