Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hopefulnow  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:26:59 PM(UTC)
Hopefulnow

Groups: Registered

I received a new rear bearing kit yesterday from ApplianceParts. Are the three ball flange holes for the screws supplied in the kit supposed to have threads? Are the screws supplied self tapping? There are holes in the flange but no threads. I am having a hard time installing the screws with a Phillips screw driver. Can you advise me what to do? Thanks! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:47:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think they should, but call APP and ask them about whether or not you received a defective part (We are volunteers and not connected with the company or the parts operations)
Hopefulnow  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:32:57 PM(UTC)
Hopefulnow

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I think they should, but call APP and ask them about whether or not you received a defective part (We are volunteers and not connected with the company or the parts operations)

This is the information that the research team passed along to me. What they’re telling me is: that the three holes in the metal plate do not come threaded. The three new mounting screws provided in the kit are self tapping screws and will cut the needed threads into the new plate. I now have the bearing installed.Thank you for the advise, it was helpful.:)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:10:51 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well good, I am glad they were able to answer that and you got it back together.

The problem people like me have is that we do not notice those things, we just go ahead and screw the thing in, if there are threads, fine, if not, it turns out to be self tapping like you have. Since this is your part I did want to make sure you got it right.

Thanks for the update, good luck with your machine going forward.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply