Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mark2741  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:01:47 AM(UTC)
mark2741

Groups: Registered

As you can see in the pic below, I have a Magic Chef wall oven with a broken glass door (the inside glass). I can't seem to locate a replacement part or *any* info about this wall oven on the internet. I called Magic Chef and they said it was manufactured between 1985 and 1991, and for that time frame they don't have records of wall ovens in their database (they said something about Maytag owning Magic Chef during that time).

I'm at a loss and am hoping I don't have to buy a brand new wall oven just for a piece of cracked glass : (

Please help! Advice? Links to replacement part/instructions?

Model Number: 79E-5EXW
Serial Number: 6C75128967

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:42:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to call the Appliance Parts Pros customer service. They should have a microfilms for such old models and they can help you to find the part number.

Gene.
mark2741  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:49:19 PM(UTC)
mark2741

I did that but they couldn't find any info on this particular model. I used the online chat (vs the telephone). They took my email/phone number and said they'd research it further and get back to me if they find anything. Maybe I'll try calling tomorrow and see if that gets me anywhere.

I'm at the point where I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a replacement. Fortunately a cheap new one is under $500 now.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You may want to call the Appliance Parts Pros customer service. They should have a microfilms for such old models and they can help you to find the part number.

Gene.
Adam / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 10:47:54 AM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

mark2741,

Our research department was able to locate the inner glass. It comes as a window package. We have a couple in stock so you may want to order it as soon as possible. The part number is AP4064276 and the price is $53.78.

You can either order it online through the link provided or you may call us toll free at 1-877-477-7278 with part number AP4064276 and one of our representatives would be glad to assist you.
jimtone  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 10:01:39 AM(UTC)
jimtone

My slide in Magic Chef gas range needs the blackened tampered glass oven door outer cover. I've contacted Maytag/Magic Chef to search part# 7902P236-60 which is what the model# shows it needs but it is not in production. The range was purchased in 1978 and works fine but has a bad design to hold the glass in place which allowed it to crack/shatter. I don't think the range is worth custom ordering a tempered glass replacement to be made, so I'm asking if any of you may have an idea of what can be done. I cut a large aluminum sign down to the correct size and installed it to seal it up and make it sturdy. The range model# 51FN-2KK-ON . HELP!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply