Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drskinner  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:24:44 PM(UTC)
drskinner

Groups: Registered

I began my dishwasher a couple of mornings ago and found that my kitchen sinks were clogged. I had already started the washing cycle and as it drained, it backed up into the sinks. I shut the dishwasher off, ran the garbage disposal to try and clear the clog to no avail. Eventually my husband was able to use a plumber's snake to clear the clog, but before the clog was cleared, the water backed up into the dishwasher. Neither I nor my husband noticed this until that evening when we returned home to find our wood floor buckled in front of the dishwasher. We proceeded to start the dishwasher to complete the wash cycle from earlier in the day. At that time, we noticed that no water was feeding into the dishwasher, but the knob seemed to be running through the cycle. When we took the front kickplate off, we expected to see water under the dishwasher, but did not. Instead, we found that the door seemed to be leaking water at the bottom, like the insulation was wet. We tried our best to absorb all of the water there, and are placing a fan on it tonight to see if we can get it dried out. Could this have caused some problem that would not allow water to feed into the various cycles? We have checked all of the water feed lines and they are fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.