Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larc  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 7:19:59 AM(UTC)
larc

Groups: Registered

Dishes have come out with soap residue. SO I replaced the inlet vavle and tested the float vavle and it is operating correctly. It seems as if it is starting the wash cycle too early. It fills for around 30 to 40 seconds before starting to run. I don't think that is enough time for the tub to fill and the float switch would never be used to break the circuit. When I open the dishwasher there is maybe 3/4 inch of water and it is easy to see that the sprayer pump would cavatate. I fillled the tub with water and let it sit for 10 minutes and it did not drain. I'm assuming the float switch is a safety feature. SO is this controlled by a timer and is it adjustable? Or am I looking in the wrong direction?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:31:29 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]Dishes have come out with soap residue. SO I replaced the inlet vavle and tested the float vavle and it is operating correctly.[/COLOR]
Was the filter screen dirty on the old valve?
Sometimes when replacing the valve yo can knock some crud loose from inside the connecting pipes/tubing and it will again partially clog up the screen.
Unlikely but possible

[COLOR="Blue"]It fills for around 30 to 40 seconds before starting to run.[/COLOR]
This seems to be OK but I cannot say for sure

[COLOR="Blue"]I don't think that is enough time for the tub to fill and the float switch would never be used to break the circuit. When I open the dishwasher there is maybe 3/4 inch of water and it is easy to see that the sprayer pump would cavatate.[/COLOR]
If it is cavitating, it usually sounds different than normal, sort of a growl.
I believe it should fill to just under the heating element.
Could be there is a problem with the shut off valve for the unit partially plugged etc.
Has any work been done to the plumbing lately that may have loosened scale etc. from inside the pipes?

[COLOR="Blue"]I'm assuming the float switch is a safety feature.[/COLOR]
Yes it is.
[COLOR="Blue"]
SO is this controlled by a timer and is it adjustable?[/COLOR]
Yes it is time controlled.
No it is not adjustable

[COLOR="Blue"]Or am I looking in the wrong direction?[/COLOR]
Cannot say, but I would remove the sump cover from inside the tub and check that it does not have debris in it or something wrapped around the chopper. Be careful, there is often broken glass in the sump.
Also check that the holes in the spray arm are clear.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:09:18 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The fill period is too short for a standard tub. Will it fill longer on another cycle, if so, you have a bad timer, worn on the normal cycle. Part # AP2616983
If ok, remove the large filter part # 502 and clean it with a brush.
larc  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 6:58:10 PM(UTC)
larc

when I replaced the inlet vavle every thing looed good. I have not changed any plumbing. I will look over all components tomorrow to see if any thing is clogged. Ran it on all cycles and water level was at least an inch below heating element. So spray arms are ruled out...Hell their starvin'. Ha. I don't know why I'm laughing...this s**t aint funny anymore. I will try cleaning the large filter as well. Thanks guys and I'll be in touch.
walterw  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:00:01 PM(UTC)
walterw

larc,
Sounds like your problem and my problem are basicly the same. My dishwasher runs normal some times, and then other times it doesn't fill all the way. Mine seems like a timer ... it is too repeatable. Mine fills for either 1:40 (too low, poor washing, soap left in dispenser, below the heating element, pump is noisy as it surges/cavitates) or 2:50 when it works great. I hear the water running continuously during the fill. A faulty inlet valve would not "fail" so precisely (1 min 40 sec) every time.

Did you solve your problem?

Anyone -- Are timers easy to find and replace?

Below is a link to my post (novel) over-detailing my experience.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...ntermittent-problem.html

walterw
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply