Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
myfirehawk  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 1:11:18 PM(UTC)
myfirehawk

Groups: Registered

I am the not too happy owner of this Sears washer. Just after the warrenty ran out I had my first problem with a code F11 which turned out to be a defective CCU. After laying out an large amount of money for the repair, the washer worked fine for almost another year. Now I am getting a code F33. I note that the water keeps filling the tub until the CCU shuts it down with that code and drains it. After reading the repair manual I purchased a new pressure swith believing that was probably the issue. I blew in the hose, which was clear, unplugged the replaced the switch, plugged in the hose, unplugged and replugged the wiring harness to the CCU and tried it. No difference. Any ideas besides buying another new CCU? This washer not only cleans your clothes but is cleaning out my wallet as well!

Thanks for any ideas.

Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bambiblaster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:28:23 AM(UTC)
bambiblaster

Groups: Senior Expert

Have you tried using the tech sheet in the bottom to get codes...
myfirehawk  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:50:55 AM(UTC)
myfirehawk

It is my understanding that code F33 means that the CCU has not received a signal to shut off the water which would be sent by the pressure switch, the flowmeter has signaled that the tub has received 10.5 gallons and the CCU then shuts off the water and pumps the water out, giving the F33 error code. The instructions are to check the pressure switch, hose, flowmeter, and then the CCU. I replaced the pressure switch, and blew into the hose to verify it was not plugged, no difference. I assume the flowmeter is fine as it obviously sends the signal that 10.5 gallons have entered the tub, so that leaves the CCU. I checked to make sure the electrical connections were all tight and they were. So it looks to me like my CCU needs to be replaced again, 13 months after the last time I had to replace it. I am cusious if anyone has any other ideas before I go to that expense again.

Bob
AvaTeam  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:24:15 AM(UTC)
AvaTeam

Originally Posted by: myfirehawk Go to Quoted Post
I am the not too happy owner of this Sears washer. Just after the warrenty ran out I had my first problem with a code F11 which turned out to be a defective CCU. After laying out an large amount of money for the repair, the washer worked fine for almost another year. Now I am getting a code F33. I note that the water keeps filling the tub until the CCU shuts it down with that code and drains it. After reading the repair manual I purchased a new pressure swith believing that was probably the issue. I blew in the hose, which was clear, unplugged the replaced the switch, plugged in the hose, unplugged and replugged the wiring harness to the CCU and tried it. No difference. Any ideas besides buying another new CCU? This washer not only cleans your clothes but is cleaning out my wallet as well!

Thanks for any ideas.

Bob

Check the pressure switch hose, if it has been rubbing on the outer bowl it may have small hole, which will cause it to go into a F33 fault.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply