Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
foobydoo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:12:14 PM(UTC)
foobydoo

Groups: Registered

I replaced just about everything on this beast two months ago and it has been working fine ever since until this morning when I noticed the ice bin was empty and there was a single ice cube wedged, sticking out of the tray. It popped right out but still no ice. The optics are clear, they flash twice, pause, flash twice, pause. I taped the flapper door closed, the slide switch is on. I unplugged the tray earlier and got the frozen cubes out so it is empty and ready to go. I unplugged the unit for about 20 seconds in hopes of resetting something to no avail. I've tried to jumper the maker and can't get any movement out of it. No matter what I do I cannot get a steady light on the optics. Bear in mind I put brand new optics in two months ago, I find it difficult to believe they are already bad..but I've been surprised before. Are there any other resets or restarts I can try? Any expert advice appreciated. It is a Kenmore elite (whirlpool) side by side with the ice bin in the door, about 5 years old.

Marshal
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

foobydoo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:38:54 AM(UTC)
foobydoo

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: foobydoo Go to Quoted Post
I replaced just about everything on this beast two months ago and it has been working fine ever since until this morning when I noticed the ice bin was empty and there was a single ice cube wedged, sticking out of the tray. It popped right out but still no ice. The optics are clear, they flash twice, pause, flash twice, pause. I taped the flapper door closed, the slide switch is on. I unplugged the tray earlier and got the frozen cubes out so it is empty and ready to go. I unplugged the unit for about 20 seconds in hopes of resetting something to no avail. I've tried to jumper the maker and can't get any movement out of it. No matter what I do I cannot get a steady light on the optics. Bear in mind I put brand new optics in two months ago, I find it difficult to believe they are already bad..but I've been surprised before. Are there any other resets or restarts I can try? Any expert advice appreciated. It is a Kenmore elite (whirlpool) side by side with the ice bin in the door, about 5 years old.

Marshal
:confused:

After about 12 hours of leaving it alone it finally started working again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply