Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill Gordon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:15:18 AM(UTC)
Bill Gordon

Groups: Registered

I purchased a replacement burner , front right dual burner, form you and it was delivered . ( part # WPL 74008228 )I went to install last night and noticed there was a slight difference in wiring.On the old burner ther are 3 connections on the burner, a gery line, a white , and a yellow line. The grey line went from a box( the limiter?) to the center tab on the burner. The new part has a direct connection... no wire used from the tab on the limiter (?) to the burner. I now have two tabs left for the yellow and white wires. there is a red dot above one of the remainng open tabs and I am assuming the grey wire is relaced by the direct connect. The question is... do I have the right part? and if so which tab does the yellow go to and which the white?? I have it all apart and would like to get it reinstalled tonight so a quick answer would be appreciated. Thank You very much. Bill Gordon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Bill Gordon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:21:15 PM(UTC)
Bill Gordon

I was helped on the phone and figured out the wiring, however when I hooked it all up and plugged it in I still have the same problem. Looks like it was not the burner after all. When cold and I turn on the burner the center , smaller will get hot. In 45 seconds it shuts down. The outer, larger burner never goes on. The fan runs, the indicator light goes on but the burner does not heat. 2 questions: can I return the burner since my old one seems to be fine and what part do I need to fix it? The switch? It seems to be the only other thing as a new limiter was included on the burner. I checked all the wires and all seemed tight and there were no breaks or fraying of insulation. I wiggled all the connections and all seemed good. Help! Thank you . Bill G
Gene  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:55:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Bill,

Have you connected the sensor plug from the heating element to the surface control board?

If yes, then check the control board as described in the Tech sheet.

Here is the Service manual.

- The custom control kit Part number: AP4009645
Part number: AP4009645

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JEC9530ADB Surface Unit - Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

P.S. All customer service related issues should be addressed to the customer service. We work on the forum as a volunteers to help people with technical problems.
Bill Gordon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:21:55 PM(UTC)
Bill Gordon

I have connected all the wires to the new burner in the same fasion as they were connected to the old one. The problem I experienced with the old unit persists with the new one. Exact same peformance. The center goes on for 20 seconds and then shuts off. The outer burner never goes on. The indicator lights illuminate and the fan goes on the center heats up and 20 seconds later it goes out. It won't go on again until the unit cools. Since the problem is the same with the new burner I guess the problem is with the switch the $125 part ...the custom controll kit.. or the wiring in between which I inspected and it looked fine. Should I just order the controll unit and R&R? Thank you for your help. BG
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:21:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Bill,

You already ordered one part without proper diagnosis. Guessing is one of the most expensive way to fix appliances.

Gene.
Bill Gordon  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 7:56:20 AM(UTC)
Bill Gordon

that was not particularly helpful however I get your point. Unfortunately I am not as experienced with a multi meter as I should be and will likely will not be capable of performing the proper diagnosis. The way the diagram of the unit appears there are ony a couple of options that could cause this problem. 1.. the burner... well thats not it.. 2. the switch - which by the way makes a static noise when the burner has heated and then turned off, when you move the switch there is a static sound as the burner tries to come on or 3. the wiring between the two which appears fine and all connections are good. I will break out a multi meter this weekend and try. If you have any suggestions I would be very greatful. Thank you .
Gene  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 2:03:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Bill,

I agree, in such situation there is a big chance for the custom control to be bad, but it is better to confirm it (if it's possible) before you spend $140.

Gene.
nonenone  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:45:54 AM(UTC)
nonenone

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Bill,

Have you connected the sensor plug from the heating element to the surface control board?

If yes, then check the control board as described in the Tech sheet.

Does anyone have a new link to the Tech sheet 16026558 referenced above? The provided link is dead.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:04:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

The Tech sheet is attached.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
16026558 - JEC9530ADB.pdf (772kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
nonenone  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:19:29 PM(UTC)
nonenone

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The Tech sheet is attached.

Gene.

Thank you for the new link
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply