Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rawbert  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:15:58 PM(UTC)
Rawbert

Groups: Registered

A year ago I replaced the timer motor assembly. Not when my wifes uses the delicate or cotton cycle which is all she uses it won't turn off automatically.
I ran the TIMED, TIMER mode and it worked.

It looks as if the dial is NOT advancing on the other modes?

Thanks for any help.
Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:35:56 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It sounds like your moisture sensing system is malfunctioning. This system advances the timer as the clothes become dryer.

Unfortunately GE does not disclose tech info, so I cannot tell what type of system you have. If you will open up the console you should find some technical notes on your model which may discuss your moisture sensor system and how to test and troubleshoot it.
Rawbert  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:34:56 PM(UTC)
Rawbert

I will look in console today, there was a paper in there, I put it back for future references.
I will look for a sensor.
Replace or Clean? I'll probably be able to tell.
THANKS !!!!!!!!:D
Rawbert  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 4:20:59 PM(UTC)
Rawbert

Looked at schematic, no moisture sensor but there is one called timer, I was thinking maybe it times the motor based on moisture?
Also I noticed the flexible [not recommended] hose was a little kinked, so I straightened. The Cotton cycle RAN ! However this has been intermittant for awhile so the jury is still out but I will check hose first, then replace timer sensor if needed. Thanks for the help.
bob
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 5:15:37 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Various machines have different methods of doing automatic drying cycles based on the wetness or dryness of the clothes.

Some models have sensor bars, which when made wet by the clothes will "short out" the timer so it does not turn. As the clothes dry, the sensor will stop shorting out the timer so it runs and eventually turns off the dryer.

If you do not have sensor bars then you may have a system where the timer does not run when the heater is on. Since the heater is on more when the clothes are cold and wet, the timer runs very little in the early part of the process, and a lot at the end.

This may be what you have.
denman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:03:12 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Something weird going on here as the parts breakdown does show moisture bars on the Front Duct Assembly. The 2 strips lower left of the vents. Also it lists a moisture control board Item 23 in Section 1.
Part number: AP3186270
Part number: AP3186270

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric DWSR405GB0CC Gas dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

If they are there clean between them with isopropyl alcohol.
If this does nothing. Remove the connection to them at the board and check with a meter using a high scale (meg -oms) should read an open.

Note getting info on GE is difficult so the above has a fair amount of guessing involved.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply