Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ScottB  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2008 7:37:29 AM(UTC)
ScottB

Groups: Registered

My gas cooktop will only light the front left burner. The other switches had been making the spark igniter click, but no flame. I switched the left and right modules and the left front was still the only one that would light. So it didn't matter which burner module was there, the front left always works and the others do not. So the spark igniter is working properly and I need to work my way back from here to see what is causing this problem. What is the next thing to check? Thanks for your help.

ScottB
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Active Appliance  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:41:16 AM(UTC)
Active Appliance

Next, try replacing spark electrode. You can do the same switching technique with it.

Hope this helps,
Dmitriy
ScottB  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:00:10 AM(UTC)
ScottB

I bought one switch igniter and replaced my front right burner switch but it still did not light. I pulled my new switch igniter from there and placed it on the back left. When I attempted to light it, it also did not work. I noticed when I attempted to light the burners, that I had a small black wire arcing to the shield switch. The wire did not appear to be cut in any way, just too close to the shield switch. I was able to tie it off to the rest of the wiring bundle and now all the burners are lighting once again. Thanks for the help. I really enjoy the forum.

ScottB
arf1410  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 1:17:44 PM(UTC)
arf1410

I have this same cooktop. On one side I can hear the "clicking" like it is trying to light, continuously, about every 1 second, but not real fast like when I actually am lighting. It does still light though. When I swap the left and right burner modules, the problem still occurs on that same side, so the problem must be in the man cooktop, not the burner module? Any suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply