Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FDAR  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2010 1:16:11 PM(UTC)
FDAR

Groups: Registered

I am working on a Frigidaire dishwasher that will not go into a drain cycle. It goes into the wash cycle, skips the drain cycle and appears to rinse with the same old water. Dishes are dirty and water is old. I was thinking since it is skipping the drain it is the main control board. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you. I forgot to mention I do not hear the pump or motor run when it should be draining.

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lamimartin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:32:20 PM(UTC)
lamimartin

Groups: Registered

I've got the exact same symptoms on mine.
Diagnosis is simple on a 100% electronic control board:
[LIST=1]
  • In drain cycle, there is power on the pump, but pump is not working when connected to 110V power: the drain pump need replacement or the drain is obstructed if pump engages but does not drain.
  • Drain pump is working when connected directly to 110V but there is no power supplied by the control board: If terminals on wiring are intact, one of the control board relays is likely toasted. You may risk replacing the 3$ relay connected to the pump wire with a soldering gun (just follow the wire color. On mine pump wire is connected to the K4 position relay on he board) or you may order a replacement control board at a cost of 110-200$ depending on the model. Such boards can be repaired at similar cost if not in stock. Relays are identified with a model number next to the manufacturer name or logo.
  • If your board has a mechanical timer, it needs full refurbishing or replacement.[/LIST]
  • Quick Reply Show Quick Reply