Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtfrederick  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 10:48:04 AM(UTC)
rtfrederick

Groups: Registered

My GE refrigerator Model # - GSC22KGRCBB has had a problem with the water dispenser for about a month. The water is coming out very slowly. I checked the connection from the house and the pressure is fine. I also checked the connection into the water inlet valve and it was slower but not as slow as the dispenser. I am trying to determine if I need to replace the water inlet valve or the filter assembly. I also put the plug into the filter and the problem was the same so I ruled out the actual filter. Please let me know if you have any advise. Thanks. In searched the previous posts and could not find an answer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 6:16:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Based on your description, very likely the problem is a bad water inlet valve. Keep in mind that no one water filter would last more than a year.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3192626
rtfrederick  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:15:25 AM(UTC)
rtfrederick

Thank you for your reply. One more question. I replace the water filter regularly. Is there anything I would have to replace in the filter assembly that could cause the slow water or is ot just straight to the filter then down to the water inlet valve? Thanks again
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 1:05:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

There is nothing special about replacing water filter. Everything you should know is written in the Owners manual. It is very important to run a few gallons of water from the dispenser right after a new filter installed to get rid of air in the system.

Gene.
rtfrederick  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 1:52:49 PM(UTC)
rtfrederick

I really appreciate all of your help and links. What I am trying to figure out is if there is anything to replace in the filter mechanism that would cause the slow water not the actual filter itself but the parts that bring water to and from the filter? Thanks again for your quick responses.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:10:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Quote:
...if there is anything to replace in the filter mechanism that would cause the slow water not the actual filter itself...

There are no such parts besides water inlet valve.

Gene.
Minnesnowta  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:48:15 PM(UTC)
Minnesnowta

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
There are no such parts besides water inlet valve.

Gene.

Gene, he is asking if the unit that holds the filter in place could have an internal issue. This unit does have a valve that is activated by the filter ring to allow water to flow into the filter. Water travels through the filter and out the tube that is also a part of unit that holds the filter. I am having the same issue and it is not the intake valve since I already replaced it with a brand new one with no improvement. The part in question is the filter head and tub Part Number: AP3414864 or number 792 on the diagram
Gene  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:07:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

I do not think this part can cause such problem, but who said you can not give it a try?

Gene.
Minnesnowta  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 6:01:30 AM(UTC)
Minnesnowta

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I do not think this part can cause such problem, but who said you can not give it a try?

Gene.

I have continued to test the water pressure at the intake valve connection from the water filter. The pressure at that point is the same as the pressure coming out of the dispenser itself. I timed each filling a 15oz cup. It took 16.5 seconds from the filter out line and 17.77 seconds at the dispenser. Pretty close. Both the new and old intake valves registered the same time. The water is almost down to a trickle again after putting in a new filter just one week ago. So I need to check the out line pressure again before it enters the intake valve to be sure this is the issue. Very frustrating issue. I will post my results to you if this is the case of a bad Filter and tube assembly. If you have any other ideas please run them by me. Thanks
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 7:44:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

I believe you are on the right track. The insufficient pressure in the house water line can be the culprit. Especially if the water goes through some filters.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply