Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbarnes18  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:28:14 PM(UTC)
rbarnes18

Groups: Registered

We set our washing machine to the normal starting position and instead of filling with water it jumps right to the agitation cycle. We have tried all the different types of cycles (delicate, normal, etc) and we get similar results. The wash machine does not start where the dial is pointed. Any advice???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2010 6:03:05 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think your water level switch is stuck in the closed position. It is telling the timer that the machine is filled to the correct level of water and to start agitating. (I assume the same thing happens on the rinse cycle).

You should try replacing the water level switch. If you want to try to test it out and are not to picky, (I am not, but then I do some pretty gross things working on these machines anyway) you can take it off and suck on the plastic extension that the tube connects to. You may be to unstick it in this way. If you can, I would still replace it, as this will tell you that you have a high probability of sucess in doing so.

Here is the new part.

Part number: AP3019752
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply