Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tiger123  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:01:31 AM(UTC)
tiger123

Groups: Registered

Thanks for providing me this forum to post my Whirlpool GHW9400PW0 washer machine issue.

The washer is expensive and pretty new. It's only about 3.5 years old though it has just passed its warranty period.

Normally, I set Water Temp. as Warm/Cold. But for the most recent one load, I set it to be Warm/Warm.

Don't know if this is the reason. After finishing washing that load, the "Control Locked" light on the front panel shows red. Then all control buttons on the panel don't function anymore regardless of how it is pressed. The only thing on now is the "Control Locked" red light.

However, the door can still be opened or closed freely.

I just unplugged the power for more than 45 minutes but when it is plugged back, the same situation as before - the "Control Locked" on the front panel still shows its red light.

Could you help me and let me know how to diagnose and test it first? If necessary, which part to purchase or replace? - I'll try to fix it by myself. Is it an easy replacement? Can the part be returned if it is not one solving the issue?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 10:10:04 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: tiger123 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for providing me this forum to post my Whirlpool GHW9400PW0 washer machine issue.

The washer is expensive and pretty new. It's only about 3.5 years old though it has just passed its warranty period.

Normally, I set Water Temp. as Warm/Cold. But for the most recent one load, I set it to be Warm/Warm.

Don't know if this is the reason. After finishing washing that load, the "Control Locked" light on the front panel shows red. Then all control buttons on the panel don't function anymore regardless of how it is pressed. The only thing on now is the "Control Locked" red light.

However, the door can still be opened or closed freely.

I just unplugged the power for more than 45 minutes but when it is plugged back, the same situation as before - the "Control Locked" on the front panel still shows its red light.

Could you help me and let me know how to diagnose and test it first? If necessary, which part to purchase or replace? - I'll try to fix it by myself. Is it an easy replacement? Can the part be returned if it is not one solving the issue?

Thanks!

You may want to try the below.

Hope that does it for you.

To unlock the controls
Select and hold END OF CYCLE SIGNAL for 3 seconds until the
CONTROL LOCKED status light turns off..

Refer to Use and Care guide page 13 on following link:
http://shared.whirlpoolc...0Guide%20-%208182276.pdf
tiger123  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 10:46:21 AM(UTC)
tiger123

You are absolutely right - the 3 sec. pressing "End of Cycle Signal" made it working again.

Thank you very much for replying my post promptly!

Now, I really like this site and will refer it to my friends!
tiger123  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:04:41 AM(UTC)
tiger123

I have recommended this great site to my friends.
Frank / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 12:42:25 PM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: tiger123 Go to Quoted Post
I have recommended this great site to my friends.

You're welcome. Glad we could help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply