Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
electrifier  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:16:28 PM(UTC)
electrifier

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag A7300 washer that will fill but do nothing after it is full. I suspect the lid switch but am not sure. How do I get the top off the washer to check the lid switch? It seems to be screwed together and the front won't come off to get to the screw in the top. I am stumped at this point.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:01:13 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Remove the back of the control panel and you should see a lid switch assembly that includes a fuse and two switches. If the switches are not working correctly the fuse will blow so if the fuse is blown one of the switches most likely caused it to blow so replace the entire thing.

You also have the lid switch actuator that comes in from the bottom and it can be your problem. with the lid switch closed the larger black cherry switch should be pressed by the actuator and if not the actuator may be bad. Typically the spring on it will break. To access it you have to remove the front of the washer then lift up the top by removing the two 3/8 screws on each end.

If neither of these seem to be the problem post back and we will go from there.
Clothes Washer Repair Guide
electrifier  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:26:27 AM(UTC)
electrifier

Found the problem. This linkage was mis aligned and not pressing the button. Now I don't need the switch I bought yesterday. At least it works now. Thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply