Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Edwv30  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2024 12:17:37 PM(UTC)
Edwv30

Groups: Registered
United States

I have an older model Hotpoint side by side that burns its defrost heater every year or so. Normally it's not an issue and is a quick fix. This year I noticed the right hand wire was burned so I replaced the connector with a 16-14 spade connector, defrosted the coil, replaced the defrost heater and thought I was good to go. That's not the case. My freezer is working fine, (no ice or frost on the back panel), but my refrigerator isn't cooling down. The evaporator fan is running and the damper is open but no air is being blown into the refrigerator section so I'm stumped. One thing I did notice that was different than before was a blue wire with a clip, (similar to what you attach to the back panel to ground), at the bottom right of the freezer and coming from the wall that divides the freezer/refrigerator. It was disconnected and I wasn't sure where to clip it so I attached it to the metal part of the defrost heater. Could this be the issue? Like I said, I have never noticed this wire before, what it should attach to or its function. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.