Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ADKwoman  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 12:27:02 PM(UTC)
ADKwoman

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently repaired the clutch assembly after my old whirlpool washer stopped agitating.
Now during the spin cycle a scraping sound has developed. Not sure what might need replacing.
A diagnostic "What's that noise" video from Part Select mentioned that some top loaders have two bearings. I'm struggling to find anything specific to my model about this or replacement parts labeled "bearings".

What should I look into?

The sound is only during spin cycle.

It should be noted that a small amount of oil leaked from the transmission during the recent repair.

Update: I was just inside the washer again replacing the gearcase transmission to solve for oil leaks. This time I found tons of metal shavings/filings scattered around. The rim of the clutch seems to be the source... it's freshly scraped on the rim and it might be scraping against the yellow spring from the brake assembly? But the yellow spring shows no clear indentation or scratch in the paint.
The brake assembly, attached to the inner tub still, was able to shift up and down a good bit. AFter installing the new gearcase transmission, there seemed to be enough space where the clutch wasn't scraping anything.... but maybe shifted again after moving the washer back into laundry room?
Not sure if maybe the new clutch assembly is a bit taller? and that accounts for the issue?

Edited by user Tuesday, May 14, 2024 6:38:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.