Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 8:47:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was given the above washer for possible repair by a friend. The unit is s/n C30620569 and is designed with suspension springs at the four corners of the wash tub .Essentially the wash basket hangs from these springs . This particular machine is reported to wobble badly when any kind of a load is in the basket and a spin portion of the cycle is energized. The springs are not out of place and not broken. Is this typical of this design ? Any way to improve it other than replace the springs ? HELP !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 12:24:04 PM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Based on the model provided, the washer should be a direct drive which would not utilize support rod springs. However, the model provided would utilize suspension pads and counterbalance springs. Oftentimes, a direct drive unit will have the suspension pads start to flatten out in between the triangular brace and the bottom frame. If they are flattening out, they would need to be replaced.
#3 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 4:40:55 AM(UTC)

United States

Thanks for the quick response. I will take it apart and recheck the suspension rods and springs but it appears to have the long rod with a spring setup on the bottom ( Four of them with one at each corner). According to what I have seen on videos of this problem the small plastic sleeve inside the bottom capture arrangement wears out and does not grip the rod properly. Not a very long lasting design IMO.
#4 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 11:02:53 AM(UTC)

United States

I dismantled one of the springs/damper assembly after removal from the washer which is very easy to do. The bottom end of this damper/spring assembly uses a collar that is supposed to grip the rod and prevent a lot of bouncing when the unit goes into the spin portion of the cycle. As a temporary repair I used a small metal pin(from a safetyPin and pushed it into the bushing to provide a little more friction. This was suggested in a video by a tech who claims it will work. All 4 assemblies were done and I will see what the results are when I run a load of wash. I also put a piece of 4"X6"foam board about 1" thick at each side of the top of the sheet metal to see if that will prevent the noise and bounce of the wash basket . I used RTV on the backside to glue it in place at all 4 sides. I doubt that this will make much difference but will see what happens. If this does not do any good I will order and intall a new set of dampers.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply