Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trae2810  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2024 6:25:00 AM(UTC)
trae2810

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone,

I have searched and tried a few things and so far have come up stumped on this one. My door ice maker will fill the tray and freeze the water but won't drop the ice. If I manually cycle it will drop and make another batch. This will go on for a while and then suddenly it'll start making ice again albeit slowly. I have also noticed that from time to time there will be water leaking from the door and a large puddle will form when you open the door - I think it is dropping water on top of the ice from time to time? That's just my theory though. It doesn't happen often, maybe once a month or less.

My fridge seems to cool fine, I have a temp sensor sitting in the ice maker and it'll read ~34 at any given time. I have gotten the freezer as low as -5 to see if that would help. Initially I thought it was the fan that blows air from the freezer but the temp sensor seems to prove that wrong?

I replaced the ice maker mechanism and that didn't seem to make a difference. It makes ice in the bottom freezer like clockwork.

Any idea of what I can buy/test? Thank you so much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2024 8:56:45 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Trae2810, as the ice container section is as warm as it is, does the ice maker fan on the left side of the freezer operate when the freezer door switch is pressed in? If not, it would need to be tested for 12VDC. If there is voltage present at the fan but it does not operate, the fan would need to be replaced. If it does rotate when voltage is present, the duct going from the freezer up to the ice container section would need to be checked for indicators of a clog and cleared as necessary.
trae2810  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2024 4:34:32 PM(UTC)
trae2810

United States

Thanks. I suspected it was that fan. There are times it makes a strange groaning noise, I thought perhaps the fan was frozen up but it could have just been dying.

Can you send me a link to your site so I can order a new one?

WilliamM/APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2024 2:22:02 PM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

United States

For accurate part information, there should be a letter and a couple more numbers that would be needed to ensure the correct part number is identified (example: LRFXC2416D/00). The only other way to correctly identify the part number would be using the original part number stamped on the fan itself.
trae2810  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 5:31:35 AM(UTC)
trae2810

United States

Thanks again. I am sorry for the delay - I couldn't get into the forum for some reason.

The model is LRFXC2416S/00.
WilliamM/APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 5:53:31 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

United States

The following link can be used to view the fan item information. https://www.appliancepar...u63503706-ap6887859.html
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply