Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knmens  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2024 6:17:43 PM(UTC)
knmens

Groups: Registered
United States

My Frigidaire fgus2642lf2 fridge ice maker auger stopped working. I have removed the Auger and its 115V so I simply plugged an old power cable (a lamp cord) to it and it spun. Has continuity and 3.8 Ohms. Taped the door switch down, pushed the ice chute flapper and then checked the wires leading to the auger. They are not showing the proper voltage. I assume they should be showing 115v. What happens after the chute flapper is engaged? Does the 115V simply flow through the control board to the auger or does something else transpire? I want to be certain of the failing part as the control and main PCB boards are rather expensive.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.