Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DIY2024  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2024 1:07:07 AM(UTC)
DIY2024

Groups: Registered
United States

Ordered from Appliancepartspros for my friend's bottom mount freezer. I'm helping them out since they are capable of removing/connecting wires they just need help with what wire goes in what location. I received the replacement fan assembly and it does NOT have a ground wire connection on the fan motor itself. I know a fan could run without that but not very safe. So I'm asking, how can I connect this ground to the fan? What was Whirlpool thinking?!

Another question.. On the original evap fan..the connections are on one side of the fan, the black wire was towards the back of the fridge, the white wire connected towards the front. The replacement does not have the connection blades on one side, it has one blade on one side and one blade on the other for the connection. How do I determine where to connect the two wires?

model of refrigerator GB22DKXJW00
replacement part evap fan - WP12013209Q

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2024 1:08:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added model and part numbers

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.