Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
craig100  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2024 9:35:49 AM(UTC)
craig100

Groups: Registered
United States

3 years old and this GE washer, supposedly an expensive top loading washer in a new very nice apt complex is terrible. I've never loaded it real heavy, but all the loads will not spin it dry unless I use a small load. Problem is you can't just spin it. The only option is drain and spin, but what it does is fill it up with water and spin again. How stupid is that? But when I try it it does same thing again. My old cheap washer was better than this new expensive one. What a waste. I read online that if I choose drain and spin and deselect deep rinse, it will just spin. Nope, I never selected it anyway, so that doesn't matter. Now I waste more water and more time and energy.

No cycle that is just spin only? What idiot designed that?

And no, the drain is not clogged. It works fine on a light load, but just medium load, the clothes are soaked. Then I now put in a thick queen bed pad (that goes under the sheets on a bed), all cotton - not plastic or anything, choose bulky comforter setting and when it's all done, it's so soaking wet it's hard to believe. My old cheap washer which was the cheapest one available worked better and never broke down after 27 years. So here I am again, soaking wet as can be on another drain and spin cycle wasting water and time. Then the bed pad spins and it's so out of balance, it says "END" and again soaking wet as can be. What a piece of crap.

Is this typical of where GE is today?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.