Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2024 12:30:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi our Kenmore model 665 15632 started making a rapid rattling noise. Never worked on a dishwasher before but found lots of videos and was able to tear it down to the impellor and I think about as far as I can go on the run before reaching the motor. So I removed the filter screen, chopper blade and spring, impellor, and cleaned it all out found a screw and some bits and pieces of garbage. Put back together and still get the same noise. Seems as it only does it when it drains. So I took it back apart took the impellor off and just to see what would happen closed it up and hit drain. Quiet as a mouse. Opened up and placed just the impellor back on and it immediately started making the noise again. I inspected the impellor and it seems fine no pieces missing or anything. Repeated the process and same thing. When the plastic impellor is on it makes that loud noise and when it isn’t it’s quiet.

I took a video and I’ll post here if I can I’ve never done anything like this so unsure if it will let me. Any advice would be great and if you need pics of anything I’m leaving disassembled until I fix it.

Edited by user Monday, March 11, 2024 6:46:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2024 12:52:38 PM(UTC)

United States

Here is a link to the video

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Yob4-fqZ7ro

WilliamM/APP Team  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2024 7:47:30 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Based on the information provided, it sounds like the bearing in the drain pump is starting to fail and is allowing the shaft to wiggle around. This can cause the impeller to hit the sump walls when it is draining and would require the drain pump be replaced to correct this.
rapidapplianceservice  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2024 9:42:23 AM(UTC)
rapidapplianceservice

United States

It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting on your dishwasher! From your description, it seems like the issue might be related to the impeller assembly. Since the noise occurs during draining and stops when the impeller is removed, it suggests that the impeller might be causing the problem.
If you're able to post the video or any pictures of the disassembled parts, it could also help the community provide more targeted advice. Best of luck with your repairs, and if you are in Palm springs California, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2024 3:30:10 AM(UTC)

United States

Hi I was able to post a link to the video but I can send more pics or videos of anything you need. Are you asking for all the parts I’ve disassembled or just the impellor portion?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply