Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2024 5:41:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a free standing electric oven (Chef brandname, model CFE547SA).
Today when using the oven I heard a loud POP, it tripped the breaker (breaker for oven was the only one tripped). The oven, grill, stove tops and light all stopped working. The oven had been on for around 15-20 minutes at 240 degrees. I had been using one of the stove tops at the same time, but I can't remember if I had turned it off by that point already.
I turned the breaker back on, and it all seems to work again. I have been reading about some people with similar issues saying the oven trips again after 15 minutes when they tried it again, I have only tried it on for about 1 minute, just enough to see it was heating, same as I did with the stove tops.
My main question is- is it safe to keep on using the oven (assuming it still works after the 15minutes) and the stove tops? Or given the POP sound, is it dangerous? I've had friends being very adamant that I should not turn the oven on again and that it can cause issues like a fire if I continue to use it, and other friends being equally adamant that it is absolutely safe to continue using (none are electricians)
Help please, I am not savvy at all with these things and after being initially relieved that it worked after turning on the breaker, I am now scared of trying the oven again (to see if it works past the 15 mins), and also of continuing to use it if it does work.I have soent hours reading and googling but I'm none the wiser.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any answer would be very appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.