Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eric5605  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2024 4:35:48 AM(UTC)
eric5605

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, my KitchenAid French door refrigerator with bottom freezer (KRFF507ESS01) has been acting up. A for the past several months I was getting ice build up under the fan in the freezer section. I would thaw it with a low temp hair dryer, but it comes back after a month or two. There was a ball of ice around the defrost sensor that's attached to a coper pipe (upper right of the back of the freezer section). Then a few weeks ago I got a layer of ice in the bottom of the freezer because the defrost drain in the back of the freezer was clogged with ice. I decided to let the fridge defrost for a few days and turned it off for several days. Started is back up and everything was fine.

Then a few days ago the ice maker stoped working. The ice maker is attached to the ceiling for the refrigerator compartment. I did the diagnostic tests on it and no error codes were found. Then I noticed the bread in our freezer compartment was soft. The freezer is holding at 22 degrees. The refrigerator also seems to run all the time.

I was thinking about replacing the W11224591 Evaporator Fan Motor since that has a new thermistor and defrost sensor on it. What is throwing me off is that the ice maker is also not working and that's not in the freezer section. Are they somehow tied together? Is there something else I should check?

Thank you!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 13, 2024 4:52:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added information

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.