Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jay4025  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2024 10:26:32 AM(UTC)
Jay4025

Groups: Registered
United States

This is a French door refrigerator with a bottom freezer. The ice maker is in the top of the fridge with a dispenser in the door. My ice maker went bad. It wouldn’t return to the home position. I replaced it. It promptly made one tray of ice, and the ice maker water line froze. I took it back apart only to see that I had forgotten to plug in the wiring harness for the heater. Started it back up and it made a few trays of ice, and then the ice maker water line froze again. What I can do is turn on the ice maker heater and that will thaw the line. Once thawed, it will make between 1-10 trays of ice and then freeze. Long story short (too late), I have replaced the water filter, the water inlet valve, the dual water valve, and the ice maker fill tube heater. A new issue started a couple days ago and the drinking water line was frozen as well. I thawed that out, and that has stayed working for now. It’s almost as if the top of the fridge is getting too cold. The only thing that I really haven’t replaced yet is the main control board. If I was positive that it would fix this, I’d do it in a second. Anyone have an experience like this? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.