Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beb123  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2024 7:34:41 PM(UTC)
beb123

Groups: Registered

Thermador SC272ZS dual electric oven - the top oven won't start the cleaning cycle. I use the panel to start it and the panel display changes, but after a minute or so the door hasn't locked and the panel goes back to default. I can't hear any sound of the door trying to latch. Bottom oven works fine - door locks and clean cycle works. The upper oven door switch seems fine as it turns the oven light on and off when pressed. I suspect the latch mechanism but am not sure how to access to test. Doesn't look accessible from the front. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

beb123  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2024 8:29:35 AM(UTC)
beb123

Groups: Registered

Turns out the problem was the latch. Rather than diagnose it I ordered a used one from eBay for $30 (hard to find new ones). Fairly easy to get to it - remove doors, unscrew from cabinet, pull out as far as possible, remove both top covers, remove front panel (screws on the bottom then pull out the two tabs on top), remove plate in front of latch, unscrew the metal shelf holding all the components. I had to remove a few wires (big orange one) and unplug a few cable connectors to get enough room to lift the shelf up to access the two screws holding the latch. Unscrew, remove the six wires, and then reverse everything. Took a bit over an hour and then tested fine.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply