Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
glmoore0001  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2024 6:32:24 AM(UTC)
glmoore0001

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Atlantis washer is having problems. During spin cycle, it seems to not come up to spin speed on certain loads. The timer continues to run to the end of cycle and the items will still be very wet. This normally happens with heavy loads such as bath towels. I restarted one time and it seemed the speed did not increase to the normal spin speed. I rearranged the clothes and it worked again. the washer will make a short squeal when braking at the end of cycle. The washer never vibrates, even with an unbalanced load. I can sometimes restart spin cycle and it will finish the spin normally. I watched a youtube video telling how to start the spin cycle with the lid open then try to slow down the basket by hand to check for slipping belts. The basket would have had no problem taking off a layer of skin had I pushed hard enough. I have photos of the tag with the model and serial number, but it is partially non readable. I cannot post photos with a link,but managed to find a pic of a unit with the same control panel and linked that photo. I am looking for diagnostic help. Thanks. GaryUserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, February 5, 2024 8:10:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.