Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thepontif  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2024 11:15:46 AM(UTC)
thepontif

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi. Thanks for the help I've received in the past. It has been invaluable...or at least worth the cost of a new refrigerator. lol

First of all, your website doesn't show that my exact model of dishwasher exists, but I'm assuming it's essentially the same as another one. I wouldn't know which, though. Sorry.

Drain error first: I got the F9 E1 error. I removed my drain hose, no kinks, to clogs, was connected to a vent at the back of the sink. Hose was coiled properly and definitely not kinked.

When first it occurred, I discovered a piece of broken glass in the catch at the bottom of the dishwasher. I inspected everything and all appeared well. I ran the dishwasher a couple times outside of its spot under the counter, and everything worked great with the draining. No indication of damage of any kind to the hose.

However, I then noticed that (here goes an attempt at a description) the flat, clear/white plastic thing mounted to the side of the dishwasher right above the drain hose connection...that spins after it starts filling up (?) is leaking. When water flows into the tub fine, apparently, because I hear the inlet valve open and the water begin to flow, but I'm guessing this thing generates pressure to spin the arms inside the tub. When it's engaged, there is a significant leak. More than a few ounces of water each time it comes on. I'm unable to determine precisely where on that piece it's coming from, but it's bad and currently unusable.

So I guess I'm hoping to find out what that part actually is so I can replace it.
But the drain hose thing is a real head scratcher because there simply was no evidence of any impediment to the flow of water through that hose, all the way to the actual drain under the sink.

I should point out that I've had a dishwasher in that spot for years with no difficulties. Recently replaced our LG with this Maytag and had perfect performance until the other day when I found that glass in the drain catch. Which is to say, the unit is not but a few months old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thepontif  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2024 8:48:05 AM(UTC)
thepontif

United States

I'm just bumping this. I figured out which part it is. Replaced it, and it still leaks. There's nothing else there to leak. Is it possible for the inlet valve to open TOO MUCH? I thought it was fully open or fully closed.

Originally Posted by: thepontif Go to Quoted Post
Hi. Thanks for the help I've received in the past. It has been invaluable...or at least worth the cost of a new refrigerator. lol

First of all, your website doesn't show that my exact model of dishwasher exists, but I'm assuming it's essentially the same as another one. I wouldn't know which, though. Sorry.

Drain error first: I got the F9 E1 error. I removed my drain hose, no kinks, to clogs, was connected to a vent at the back of the sink. Hose was coiled properly and definitely not kinked.

When first it occurred, I discovered a piece of broken glass in the catch at the bottom of the dishwasher. I inspected everything and all appeared well. I ran the dishwasher a couple times outside of its spot under the counter, and everything worked great with the draining. No indication of damage of any kind to the hose.

However, I then noticed that (here goes an attempt at a description) the flat, clear/white plastic thing mounted to the side of the dishwasher right above the drain hose connection...that spins after it starts filling up (?) is leaking. When water flows into the tub fine, apparently, because I hear the inlet valve open and the water begin to flow, but I'm guessing this thing generates pressure to spin the arms inside the tub. When it's engaged, there is a significant leak. More than a few ounces of water each time it comes on. I'm unable to determine precisely where on that piece it's coming from, but it's bad and currently unusable.

So I guess I'm hoping to find out what that part actually is so I can replace it.
But the drain hose thing is a real head scratcher because there simply was no evidence of any impediment to the flow of water through that hose, all the way to the actual drain under the sink.

I should point out that I've had a dishwasher in that spot for years with no difficulties. Recently replaced our LG with this Maytag and had perfect performance until the other day when I found that glass in the drain catch. Which is to say, the unit is not but a few months old.

thepontif  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2024 11:24:59 AM(UTC)
thepontif

United States

K, so for anyone who might benefit, here's what happened and how I fixed it.

1) pulled dishwasher out to investigate a draining error code after working fine for a few months.
2) in doing so I found out that the brilliant folks at terminix stuffed so much steel wool in the hole where the water line was running that when I pulled the DW out it tugged on the hose. Not extremely hard, but significant. I thought it was stuck on a tile at first and worked it a little too hard. Certainly nothing overtly "broke."
3) Addressed the drain issue (turned out to be a vent issue)
4) while the unit was out I ran it and when it filled water began to spew out the plastic water supply thing on the side. I thought I'd broken it, since there was nothing else there to leak except the tub itself, which was obviously not happening. I replaced that fill thing and it still leaked like crazy.
5) So then I thought maybe the inlet valve was somehow not metering the flow correctly, and inquired here about it. There was absolutely no outside visible damage to the inlet valve, so it was kind of last on my list of culprits.
6) because I was trying to get it fixed before I left for the week and left the house without a working dishwasher, I had spent extra on overnight shipping, so the first part cost me around $100 all told.
7) not having gotten a response regarding the function of the inlet valve, I searched on here and found a reference to a similar problem after having replaced his inlet valve with a non-OEM part, the response to which was, "we always recommend using OEM parts" but no reference to the actual function of the valve, which I personally always thought was just either on or off. But this was enough for me to go on at that point. So I ordered a new inlet valve, but I only had one day before I left so I couldn't install it until the end of the week.
8) ultimately, that was the problem. I replaced the valve, and everything is totally cool.

I'm only posting this because not everybody can afford to throw away $100 so I'm hoping it helps someone out. I mean, that's the whole point, here! The Maytag Repair Man wanted to hit me for around $120 just to come here, and it was a week out. Definitely hard to justify paying for what would've been a $200+ fix on a 6 month old, $500 dishwasher when the skill to do it isn't a mitigating factor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply