Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
anitak4242  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 8:32:53 PM(UTC)
anitak4242

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a video if I can attach it (see link...if there's a better way, let me know). My Frigidaire refrigerator model 253.56602402 keeps trying to start over and over. It will do this sometimes for over an hour. Eventually it will start so it's working and cooling properly so far but this 'noise' (in video) often continues in the background even as it runs. There are times when it stops and acts normal. It's been going on for a while but has increased the amount and length of time it continues to do this start/stop noise as heard in video. Is this repairable? What is constantly starting/stopping?

By the way the freezer and refrigerator both work so far.

The problem seems to be coming from the freezer side. When the refrigerator kicks on...a different noise happens more from middle/refrigerator side. So I assume this is either related to the ice maker or the freezer?

I have been shopping for a replacement but most are not available until March that fit my kitchen so looking to repair if possible without breaking the bank.

So I filmed it doing the noise in the video over and over (trying to start) while the refrigerator was on and running...but it was just harder to hear so I only uploaded the one video where it was not on.

Video of noise (turn volume way up)
https://drive.google.com...GCSq18Gxkb2Rn3l8qo-6nj5g

Thanks, Kat

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and offer any help. I truly appreciate it.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 17, 2024 8:35:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added model number in body of text :)

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.