Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike I  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2024 10:55:45 PM(UTC)
Mike I

Groups: Registered
United States

So to recap exactly what's happening with the GE standalone range model # CGS985SETASS.
As soon as you start the oven, any bake or broil cycle within 20-40 seconds of starting it automatically causes the control baord to lock up. Meaning the control board will just go frozen. Yes the clear off button works fine,(so the control works just something causing it to lockup) but the control board freezes up, where you can't use the oven anymore until you pull the plug and soft reset the oven. It's not the child safety lock. It's the oven going into safety mode and locking the control display.
While i wasnt sure where to start, I jumped straight to thinking it's a faulty oven control module(display). Was a real job to remove and replace, but of course that wasn't the issue. So after reading a bit more it seems the real issue to why the oven display would freeze up would be because of the cooling fans other known as Blower Tangential (60MM WB26K10018), seems if the control pad gets too hot theres a safety mechanism which is causing the oven display to lock and turn off the oven. So before splurging on this fan I'm curios what you guys have to say.
Here's the link to the part I'm planning on buying
https://www.appliancepar...b26k10018-ap5790889.html

Hoping I can get it fixed this time around, without the need to order additional parts.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.