Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ForumUser1  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 11:44:03 AM(UTC)
ForumUser1

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi All,

So, have another thread on the board issue, but this relates specifically to the ice maker - after resolving water leaking around the plastic fitting to inlet valve o ring (trimmed 3/16" off tip and leak stopped - terrible design - likely a new o ring is all that is required since valve operated fine electrically), I restarted and 24 hours later got four cubes - another 18 hours and nothing more. The manual says 24 hours or more for the first ice, then 48 hours more for normal ice production of 56-72 cubes per 24 hours.

When I pull and restore power, the red LED will come on steady - does not blink - I can easily see the LED on the left side of the compartment by looking through the top opening of the ice bucket, or by holding the flapper switch down on the right side so the optics connection will work. After about 3-4 minutes the light goes out and does not come back on. Cycle power, again, and same thing happens.

I removed the cover - there was no water in the tray. I did the troubleshooting routine through the various access ports - got line voltage from L+N, and was able to activate fill with L+V, and T+H would run cycle (but would not continue past a certain point following fill - not sure why). At one point, though the frame around the freezer door seal got warm to the touch - and a few minutes later got water draining into the pan from what I assume is the defrost cycle? Voltage at this point decreased to 4V or so, not line like it was earlier.

I thought initially this might be the dreaded broken wire at the bottom of the door, but seems like have power and all is testing OK.

I've only been able to find bits and pieces of explanation of operations ... anyone have anything with more detail on the cycles and the test procedures? Is it normal to take this long for ice production?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.