Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 1:08:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The fan on our Kitchen Aid stove (KDRS467VSS04) keeps running nonstop even when the stove is not being used. I unplugged the oven and called a tech. The tech pressed buttons on the control pad and then told me that a button is stuck and we need a new keypad. I ordered an original Whirlpool Membrane Switch Overlay OEM WPW10116104. Before replacing that though, I noticed that the oven door latch was now randomly locking and unlocking. This is in addition to the fan not stopping! Also, the oven light was turning on and off all by itself!

I went ahead and replaced the old keypad with the new one, but this did not solve the problems. Currently the fan is always on but sometimes goes off, the oven door latch is continuously locking and unlocking, and the oven light goes on and off all by itself. I have captured this on a video:

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 19, 2023 1:56:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Model Number

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.