Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2023 10:57:55 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Over the years I have replaced many thermal fuses on dryers usually due to the outlet tube or duct being clogged. Today I have a Maytag gas dryer with model number MDGC700VW2 with a bad thermal fuse and will probably put the exact size and type in the duct when my dealer is able to supply one on Monday. I have several other thermal fuses in my spare parts box but they are not the exact replacement and I am looking for info as to the ratings of these different types. The original type in the above dryer is a rectangular plastic device about 2 " long with 2 fast-on type terminals which are approx. 5mm wide and one mtg screw. The other devise is roughly an octagonal shape with 2 fast-on terminals approx 6 mm wide and uses 2 mounting screws . The octaonal type has markings on it 306604 . I can not determnine the markings on the other item. Can anyone help identify what the difference is between these and if they could be used as a replacement one for the other ?. The terminal connections of the wires would have to be changed and the mtg screw holes would have to be changed also . HELP !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2023 5:08:43 AM(UTC)

United States

I had a conversation this AM with my local very helpful appliance dealer who said there is a difference in the rating of these 2 different thermal fuses but he could not find the info on the ratings. He thinks that the difference is quite a bit and I should not use one in place of the other. With this in mind I will use the correct type for this unit but still would like to know what the difference is in terms of the rating . If anyone has this info I would like to hear from you.
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2023 4:02:54 AM(UTC)

United States

I was able to obtain a Speed Queen electric dryer a few days ago at scrap price as the owner said he did not want to take the time to try to repair it. This is a model ADEE8RGS173TW01 with s/n 1512003260. It was not heating but it turned the drum properly. I expected to find a burned out heating coil but it was an open thermal fuse instead. This type of thermal fuse is made with a stand off support bracket mounted on the face of the heating coil as compared to the typical Maytag unit which slides into an opening in the ductwork and is held in place with one screw on one end of the item. The outlet of the blower was about 50% clogged which explains the fuse problem. I am curious to hear from other techs as to whether they find this type or the Maytag type more likely to fail when the vent tube is clogged. Any folks care to offer an opinion ?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply