Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dan T in SD  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 2:38:23 PM(UTC)
Dan T in SD

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to troubleshoot a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher and not getting anywhere except making a huge mess in the kitchen so looking for help before my wife replaces me instead of the dishwasher.

Here's the problem:
1. Powers on and seems to fill judging by sound at bottom of dishwasher and water in tub
2. Makes a bit of a hum then a thumping sound like something's trying to engage
3. Clicking sound coming from upper door or control panel area, like solenoid attempt
4. Nothing
Only thing that made a difference was if I slammed the door it sometimes seems to go a bit further and then stop, but never starts cycle.

So far:
1. Filters inside dishwasher pulled/cleaned, nothing clogging hole at right under filter
2. Drain lines seem unplugged on inspection
3. Float looks ok and styrofoam at bottom is in good shape
4. Water inlet solenoid- Tried continuity test (assuming I'm doing it correctly)and reads 985
5. Drain pump- Tried continuity test on drain pump and can't get a consistent reading. Seems to bounce around in double digits but never stops changing as test did on drain pump solenoid. Put 120 power to it (not sure if that's a good idea) and seems to spin up fine. Doesn't spin freely without power if I try to move impeller blades (which were unobstructed). Not sure if it's supposed to.

Haven't got whole machine apart yet to look at impellers on circulator pump which I guess is my next step. Latch contact seemed to work but that might be something to investigate? Anyone have other suggestions on things to try?

Is this dishwasher old enough (15+ years?)that it should just be replaced, or another example of they used to make them better so fix it and keep it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Edited by user Thursday, December 7, 2023 11:20:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.