Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fljlee3  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 10:54:18 AM(UTC)
fljlee3

Groups: Registered
United States

I could use some help further troubleshooting a GE WCSR2090D5WW washer that agitates but doesn't spin. The pump does appear to be working because the tub is dry, but the clothes are just soaked at the end of the cycle.

Here are a few things that I have done so far to troubleshoot:
  • I checked lid switch for continuity and it appears to be functioning properly.

• I checked the capacitor and it is well within the proper operating range.

• I checked the pressure switch by removing the tube and blowing on it. The tube is free of obstruction and I hear the diaphragm clicking when I blow on the tube.

• The timer does advance through the cycle.

I attempted to take a look, at least from the top at the tub bearing, I was able to remove the agitator and the bolt holding in the agitator coupler in place, however, when I tried to remove the actual agitator coupler, I was unsuccessful. It is really stuck in there and being that it is made of plastic I didn’t want to be too tough on it if I didn’t have to be.

Some things of note:
  • When powered off the tub can move clockwise and counterclockwise but requires a decent amount of force to do so.

• Looking from the bottom when the problem first arose, I thought I might have seen a very small amount of water where the bearing and shaft connect to the tub, so the tub seal might be leaking which is why I wanted to take a look at the bearing in the first place.

• Drive belt is intact and in what looks to be pretty good shape, but it is at least 6+ years old which is how long I have been living with the machine.

• After running just the spin cycle today to check everything I noticed two things: the motor was hot after the cycle finished. The transmission spun once around at the start of the cycle and then nothing for the rest of the time.

• When the spin cycle is running if you blow on the pressure line the machine will clunk and then nothing more.

• I did not see that this model had a clutch or at least one that is accessible.

• I also didn’t see any type of coupler between the motor and transmission.

So, what could it be?
  • Even though it still agitates could it be a worn drive belt?

• Could it be the transmission? Is there a way to check the transmission?

• Could the tub bearing be bad and not allowing the tub to spin?

• If I am wrong about the machine, could it be a clutch or coupler problem?

Any insight would greatly be appreciated. I am happy to gather any other info or answer any questions anyone might have. Thank you so much for making it through such a longwinded post!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 5, 2023 10:54:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.